The summer months bring with them numerous joys: warmer weather, longer days, plenty of sun, and trips with family and friends. However, as we approach the traditional start of hurricane season (June 1) and as some parts of the country continue to contend with wildfires, it’s important to keep an eye on the weather and your surroundings.
We’re here to help you and your customers stay safe and informed with valuable, digital resources regarding tropical storms, hurricanes, and wildfires.
While we can’t always control Mother Nature, we can take steps to be prepared—together.
Stay safe from the palm of your hand.
Technology allows us to carry weather updates and alerts wherever we go. Here’s a few downloadable apps you can share with your customers to help them stay up-to-date with severe weather in their area this summer.
- FEMA mobile app: Offering the broadest type of severe weather alerts, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) app allows users to receive weather and advisory alerts. Additionally, this app provides:
- Alerts for up to five locations
- Safety reminders and tips
- Emergency checklists
- Ability to find open shelter locations
- Disaster reporter—share and find information on damage
- Emergency: Alerts: Available under the “Disaster Apps” tab, this app from the American Red Cross provides warnings of upcoming severe weather and allows you and your loved ones to let each other know you’re safe. Key features of this app include:
- Preloaded content accessible without internet
- Ability to find open Red Cross shelter locations
- Flashlight, strobe light, and audible alarm
- Additional apps specifically for hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, and tornadoes
- Storm Radar: Weather Tracker: This app from The Weather Channel is ideal for tracking hurricanes and tropical storms. Not only does it deliver real-time alerts, but it also allows users to stay away from the storm by tracking its path. Other features include:
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) radar tracking
- Global live weather patterns
- Lightning trackers
- Wildfire – Fire Map Info: Available as a single-time purchase for just $0.99, this wildfire-specific app from NOAA gathers wildfire information from USGS and NASA. Key features include:
- Tracking of current wildfires
- Detailed NOAA discussion of hazardous wildfire condition zones
- Fire forecast index
- Regional satellite animations
File claims fast, if needed.
Sometimes, even the best preparations plans can’t withstand the forces of nature. Help your Progressive customers prepare for severe weather by leveraging our available resources. Ask your customers to download the Progressive mobile app for the fastest service so they’re ready should they need to file a claim. Additionally, you can share the information below to help them contact us online or by phone.
Personal Auto | Recreational Lines | Commercial Lines
Use the Progressive app
Home and Property
Call 1-866-960-6925 (general claims)
Call 1-866-511-0793 (Flood claims)
Stay tuned to Progressive in the coming months for severe weather alerts and more updates. Thank you for all you do to protect your customers and communities.